I saw this book tag a few weeks ago and thought I would give it a go. Feel free to use this tag but let me know so I can read your answers too 🙂 Enjoy!
- Have you ever damaged a book? Sadly yes! I used to read my Jacqueline Wilson books over and over again as a kid which resulted in a damaged spine. I was heartbroken as my Lottie Project was a signed copy. Sad times.
- Have you ever damaged a borrowed book? No way! I was always overly cautious when it came to borrowed books. The library in The Pagemaster comes to mind.
- How long does it take you to read a book? It depends really. I mainly read on my commute to and from work but if it’s an addictive book I’ll read before bed too to race through! Recently I read Suicide Squad before seeing the movie and couldn’t put it down.
- Books that you haven’t finished? There are so many! I like to mix it up with the Amazon bestseller list and try unknown writers. Sometimes you’ll find an amazing book that takes you by surprise and in turn introduces you to a relatively unknown author, however, this can also result in a bad book. Recently I downloaded a book called The Headmaster and barley made it past the first chapter. Not my type of story.
- Hyped popular books that you don’t like? It has to be the various romantic novels by Nicholas Sparks. I just don’t get it, sorry! They all feel like the same story and this also goes for the films.
- Is there a book you wouldn’t tell anyone you were reading? Yes! The book Fifty Shades of Grey. I made it to chapter 3 perhaps? I had to stop reading this as it was horrendous. I’m a slight prude.
- How many books do you own? Wow, no idea is the simple answer. When my husband and I moved out we actually got rid of our books. Well, all but one. I kept my Lord of the Rings trilogy which I was with me when I was travelling at 18. Now my books are all electronic. My Kindle library looks fabulous!
- Are you a fast reader or a slow reader? Fast, Flash fast! I get so excited and race forward. I do try to read slower but never manage to.
- Do you like to buddy read? I’ve never tried this and not sure it would be for me. I just enjoy telling everyone around me what I think of the book.
- Do you read better in your head or out loud? In my head but in Uni I found reading aloud in the bath helped me retain information. That would have been a fun way to read Suicide Squad! My Harley imitation is on point!
- If you were only allowed to own one book what one and why? As before, Lord of the Rings trilogy. It is the perfect fantasy adventure story filled with the best characters you will on throughout the books! If you have seen the films you should try the books and you will understand there is so much more to discover. Tolkien is an exceptional author who can transport you to the world he has created.
Have fun 🙂